I can’t crochet a blanket
and leave it half done.
What good would it be
to leave it half done?
You couldn’t use it
only being half done.
A blanket for charity is no
charity at all when its half done.
How can it keep someone warm
if its only half done.
I can’t do it. Not me. I’m not a
half done kind of person.
It’s all or nothing for me
I don’t do things half done.
Six Ways To Make A Difference
- Donate money to the charity of your choice. They could all use some extra money. Whether it is a small donation or a large one, they will appreciate it just the same. Every dollar counts.
- Volunteer your time. There are soup kitchens, food banks, hospitals and nursing homes to name a few.
- Send a care package to a soldier. You can send practical things like razors or sunglasses, small bags of nuts, socks,paperback books, etc. For a good place to find out what is needed and how to send it you can check out this web site at Care Packages. It is called Operation Shoebox.
- Go to your local library and volunteer to teach someone to read. What a gift, just think how wonderful it is to be able to read. You would be surprised to learn how many adults can not read.
- Volunteer at your local animal shelter. You could offer to walk the dogs, clean out cages or any number of tasks that they need help with.
- Any of you crocheters or knitters out there could make hats and scarves in different sizes and colors for homeless people. There are plenty of shelters that would be very happy to get these things.
There are many more things that I could mention, but this is a good starting place. Donate today, it makes a difference.
What a great way to start off the new year. I got a pleasant surprise the other day by email.
I made a Christmas afghan a couple of years ago that got auctioned off for charity. Well, the person that won it sent me an email. They said how much they enjoyed the afghan and that they had gotten many compliments on it. They also said that I should make more of them.
Afghan I made for charity.
To say that I was overjoyed is an understatement. I know that my plans for crocheting more for charity this year is a good one and a plan that I will keep. It makes me feel good to know that people really do appreciate good work.
I was thinking about all of the different color combinations that I could choose from and I thought about two or three different blues and white. The possibilities are endless.
The email that I got has made me realize another thing. How very important it is to think of others. That you are keeping someone warm or making a security blanket for a child. Or just the simple fact that you care enough about someone and I have been blessed to see the smile and joy on a child’s face when they get a blanket. That is enough for me to keep on doing this thing that I have been doing for years and years. The smiles of appreciation. Oh yeah, that will do it for me.
I have had several projects on and off the hook lately that I have decided to finish, so here they are. The dishcloths are for me, I have been needing to make them for quite some time and one evening I got totally selfish, I made five dishcloths, and I love them. The two coasters were made for my sister. I decided to make something totally fun and in fun colors. Photos don’t do them justice. One is in pink and orange and the other is in purple and light yellow. She hasn’t seen them yet, but as she reads my blog…she’ll see them now. I sure hope she likes them. I have made her others in the muted colors that she loves so much, and for a big contrast, I am giving her a splash for her writing desk. The blanket is one of many that I have yet to make for my favorite charity, Project Night Night. Last year I made ten blankets to go along with the other things that go in the bag. Please go to the link and read about what they do. I am proud to be able to help in this wonderful cause for homeless children. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me. If you want to do so privately, you can email me at email@example.com
Let me know in the comment section that you have emailed me so I can be on the lookout for it.
I hope you enjoy the photos.
A round ball of fluff
Soft, warm, as blue as the sky
As many colors as a rainbow
A stringy mass of goodness
That whispers in your ear
Make me into something pretty